5 things you can do to Eat to Lose Weight:
1. Eat whole foods, no prepackaged or boxed foods. That means foods in their natural state as opposed to those that are highly processed.
2. Read food labels when shopping and don’t purchase items with a lot of sugar, sodium or fat. It will take you more time to do the grocery shopping but it's worth it. Once you've done it a few times you'll be familiar with what brands are the healthiest and what ones to avoid.
3. Eat good, complex carbs instead of simple carbs. Avoid carbohydrates that are refined, meaning they are forms of starch and sugar that don't exist in nature. Instead eat whole grains, nuts, seeds and legumes.
4. Eat more fruits and vegetables. They are also an example of healthy carbs and they contain fiber. Plants are the only source of fiber. Most Americans do not get enough in their diet. Choose either fresh or frozen varieties. Both are acceptable. If you need to make dinner in a hurry have frozen veggies on hand to make a quick healthy meal.
5. Cook or prepare meals from scratch. That way you can regulate what ingredients are included and how much of each. Take measures to prepare food ahead if time is an issue for you. Try cooking a grain, hydrate some beans and cut up vegetables ahead of time so you can combine them quickly.
Cut down on or eliminate all sugar in your diet. It'll take some time but your palate will change and you won't miss it. Eliminate it in drinks as well. Sugar is addictive and when you eat it you just want to have more.